While there is no place like home - when at-home rehabilitation is not an option, Schaffer is the right choice. Our medically supervised, highly-rated, fully equipped, 50-bed, short-term rehabilitation service focuses exclusively on your recovery.
Since 1971, Schaffer has been providing specially trained staff and a caring, supportive environment featuring the most up-to-date, effective rehabilitation therapies. SECC's comprehensive approach gives patients reassurance along with the added benefit of being near family, friends and primary care physicians.
We provide the following:
- Guaranteed skilled, active therapy 5-6 days/week depending on your tolerance of activity
- 2 large, sunlight gyms with state-of-art equipment - including a car simulator
- Full-time board certified physiatrist
- Full-time onsite physical and occupational therapists
- A therapy program that incorporates use of daily activities such as grooming, dressing, bathing, walking as a focus of treatment to maximize your functioning
- Social Workers who assist in your and your family's adjustment to the facility, participate in the care planning process and the identification and procurement of community services for discharge - both locally and out of the vicinity
- Recreation therapists who offer a variety of diverse and interactive programs
- Family education
- Equipment recommendations for discharge based on home environment and your needs
- Wound Care Team
More than 90% of Schaffer's rehabilitation patients return home. Our average length of stay is one to three weeks, depending on your illness or injury.